VACANCY FOR A
TO BE FILLED BY
The above Parish Council will consider filling by
co-option a casual vacancy for two Councillors at its meeting to be held
on Wednesday 7th November 2018
at The Committee Room, Jubilee Hall,
Church Street, Winsham
Anyone interested in serving the
community in this way and want to become a candidate for co-option should
obtain an application form for candidacy from the clerk, a copy of which can be downloaded here. Completed application forms should be
returned to the clerk by:
1st NOVEMBER 2018
Information on eligibility the role of the parish
council and its schedule of meetings may be obtained from the clerk and/or the
Clerk Teresa Pinder
Tel: Office -
01460 30441 (only part time but message can be left)
Chairman: Andrew Simkins
Tel: 01460 432982
3rd October 2018
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Winsham Parish Council
Election of One Councillor
1. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT between 9.30 am and 4.00 pm on any working day from the date of publication of this notice (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4pm on Thursday 27th September 2018.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT during the times stated above.
3. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Wednesday 24th October 2018.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 8th October. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 9th October.
6. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 16th October.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT by 5 p.m. on Wednesday 25th October. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 16th October. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 16th October.
Dated: 13th September 2018 Returning Officer
A nomination pack can be downloaded by clicking here, but the applicant must following the instructions contained therein. The Clerk also has printed copies. If you would like a copy, please contact the Clerk by email - email@example.com