PARISH OF WINSHAM
is hereby given in accordance with Section 87 of the Local Government Act 1972
that two vacancies have occurred on Winsham Parish Council.
a request for an election to be held is submitted in writing to the Proper
Officer of South Somerset District Council at The Council Offices, Brympton
Way, Yeovil, Somerset, BA20 2HT by 2nd October 2018 by ten electors
for the Parish of Winsham, the Parish Council will proceed to fill the vacancy
of the Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Winsham Parish Council
Election of One Councillor
1. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT between 9.30 am and 4.00 pm on any working day from the date of publication of this notice (excluding bank holidays) but no later than 4pm on Thursday 27th September 2018.
2. Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer, the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT during the times stated above.
3. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Wednesday 24th October 2018.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 8th October. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 9th October.
6. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT by 5 p.m. on Tuesday 16th October.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Council Offices, Brympton Way, Yeovil BA20 2HT by 5 p.m. on Wednesday 25th October. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 16th October. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 16th October.
Dated: 13th September 2018 Returning Officer
A nomination pack can be downloaded by clicking here, but the applicant must following the instructions contained therein. The Clerk also has printed copies. If you would like a copy, please contact the Clerk by email - firstname.lastname@example.org